Saturday, July 25, 2009

★EROS is not ROSE


EROS was the goddess of lust, beauty, love and (ahem!) intercourse.(Wikipedia)

And so ROSE(s) had became a popular gift among couples just because R.O.S.E. = E.R.O.S.
And yes, we are played by this stupid scrabble game.

I never understand why a bouquet of flowers can be a gift. Of course I understand that out of someones sincerity, everything can be a gift, a pencil, a mug, a PHOTO FRAME! (oh my,ever-popular-gift when someone don't know what to buy) But when Valentine's day are near, check out the price of a bouquet of roses (okay, check the price of A rose selling at the florist's). Now the price for this stupid-scrabbled-words-flower is not a joke.

I never like nor I agree a bouquet of flower as a gift from my boyfriend. But I received a bouquet of flower as my 21st birthday gift from one of my acquaintance. (and I later knew that he thought it was another girl's birthday) How meaningless it is, right?(doubled meaningless!!)

While some cam whore will have already taking a zillion pictures with the bouquet, I left the flower laying on my bed for a few hours, then hang it over to let it dry and viola! Few months later after it collects enough of dust, it lay nicely in the dustbin, still wrapping in the plastic paper decor.

People! Let me know if your bouquet of flowers didn't ends up that way. Oh tell me you have pluck every petals and swallowed it! Or make rose tea out of your gift. For those who are still hanging the dried flowers in your room, do check it later in case you can detect the small bugs that are habitat-ing and laying eggs. eeeeuu!

So, guys! Why are you wasting your money? And girls! Come on! Don't quarrel with your boyfriend if he doesn't gives you a bouquet of flower on Valentine's day, ask for something more worthwhile!

My sister's boyfriend said I can trans-sex to become a man when we were talking about this the other day on our journey back to hometown. Oh he was so wrong because he meant that he needs more female to have this thinking. I hope girls reading this can think rationally too. don't let the florist to earn the money over something that is so meaningless that can't represent any elements of LOVE.

1 comments:

ShuJuan said...

Haha...nice blog!

Post a Comment